In order to ensure the longevity, function and hygiene of your orthosis, it is important to clean and maintain your orthosis on a regular basis.
Please be sure to:
- Wear a clean under-layer (socks/undershirt) everyday within the orthosis.
- Use a damp cloth to wipe away dirt, bodily oils and dust on a regular basis.
- If residue from sweat and bodily oil are not removed with a damp cloth, warm soapy water or damp cloth with rubbing alcohol may be used to clean plastic surfaces. Stay away from leather and foam materials.
- Air dry or towel dry. Never apply direct heat.
- Do not immerse orthosis in water. This may damage metal componentry and delaminate the rubbers and foam padding.
- Never use abrasive cleaners.
- If metal joints are present, a lubricant with Teflon may be added to the joints occasionally to reduce friction and squeaking.