page-template-default,page,page-id-16178,bridge-core-2.1.6,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,no_animation_on_touch,qode-theme-ver-24.0,qode-theme-bridge,qode_header_in_grid,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-6.1,vc_responsive,elementor-default,elementor-kit-16710


The Assistive Devices Program (ADP) through the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long Term Care will provide some coverage for custom fabricated bracing required for regular long-term daily use. ADP will pay 75% of eligible custom fabricated orthotic devices. The remaining balance of 25% is the patient/parent responsibility. If you have private insurance you may have coverage for these devices. Please contact your insurance carrier to check eligibility.


If you are on provincial social assistance benefits under Ontario Works (OW), Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) or Assistance for Children with Severe Disabilities (ACSD), ADP will fund 100% of your custom fabricated orthosis.


An additional cost may be required for an addition to your brace (i.e. durable sole base) or another device needed for symmetry (i.e. shoe elevation). These are not covered by ADP and would be at your expense.


For additional funding resources, you may be eligible for:

  • Community organizations (Rotary Clubs, Lion’s Clubs, Kiwanis church & school organizations)
  • Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA)
  • Easter Seal Society
  • Interim Federal Health Program (IFHP)
  • Ontario March of Dimes
  • Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB)


Please contact our office to inquire about ADP’s “Application for Funding Orthotic Devices” form. 



If you have any questions regarding this form or the Assistive Devices Program eligibility, please contact our office.