Depending upon patient bracing requirement, there may be some funding available outside of their private insurance.

The Assistive Devices Program (ADP) through the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care may provide some coverage, when eligibility is met, for custom fabricated bracing required for regular long-term daily use.

ADP may fund 75% of eligible custom fabricated orthotic devices. The remaining balance of 25% is the patient/parent responsibility. If you have private insurance you may have coverage for these devices. Please contact your insurance carrier to check eligibility.

If you are on Provincial social assistance benefits under Ontario Works (OW), Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) or Assistance for Children with Severe Disabilities (ACSD), ADP may fund 100% of eligible custom fabricated orthotic devices.

Please contact our office to inquire about ADP’s “Application for Funding Orthotic Devices” form

An additional cost may be required for an addition to your brace (i.e. durable sole base) or another device needed for symmetry (i.e. shoe elevation). These are not covered by ADP and would be at your expense.

For additional funding resources, you may be eligible for:

  • Private insurance
  • Assistive Devices Program (ADP)
  • Community organizations
    (Rotary Clubs, Lion’s Clubs, Kiwanis, church & school organizations)
  • Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA)
  • Easter Seal Society
  • Ontario March of Dimes
  • Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB)
  • Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP)
  • Assistance for Children with Severe Disabilities (ACSD)
  • Ontario Works (OW)